Looking to take part in Europe's favourite lottery? Let us help you get started.
It's easy to play EuroMillions, and it's a whole lot of fun too. Like any game, however, it's best to familiarise yourself with the rules of the game first, before you pay and play. This way you'll always get the most from your playing experience. So if you've never played EuroMillions before let us get you up to speed.
In this section you'll find everything you need to know to play EuroMillions; you'll learn how to play EuroMillions, get an overview of EuroMillions' rules and also find out how you can increase your chances of winning.
How to play EuroMillions?
To play EuroMillions simply pick 5 regular numbers from a range of 1 to 50 and 2 Lucky Star numbers of a range of 1 to 12. Each lottery line costs €2.75 to play. The more numbers you guess correctly the more money you win. It only takes two numbers to win a prize. Get all five numbers plus the two Lucky Stars right and you'll hit a massive, multi-million pound jackpot!
- Since there are so many participating countries, each with their own specific laws, the minimum age to participate can vary. In most cases the minimum age is 18, though in some countries it's 21 or, in the case of the UK and Isle of Man, the minimum age is 16.
- Always ensure, while playing with a traditional, store-bought ticket that all your entries are clearly marked and legible. Illegible entered lines or tickets may not be accepted to win a prize.
- EuroMillions draws are held every Tuesday and Friday night in Paris at 20:45CET. You must purchase your EuroMillions ticket by 20:30 on the day of the draw. Any tickets purchased after this time will not be entered into that night's draw so don't leave it until the last minute!
- You don't need to be a resident of a specific country to claim, however EuroMillions prizes can only be claimed in the country where the winning ticket was issued. So if, for example, you go on holiday to Spain during the summer and win on EuroMillions, you will need to claim your prize there, rather than your home country.
- Although, technically, the purchaser is considered to be the legal owner of the ticket, there is no guarantee that you will receive your payment if your ticket is misplaced. Once again this is down to discretion of your country's national lottery provider so, to be certain, always write your name and address on the back of your ticket and guard your lottery tickets carefully. Of course you can also enjoy EuroMillions online with licensed and reputable operators such as Lottoland where losing your ticket is never an issue and wins are credited automatically.
- Technically only one player per ticket can win a EuroMillions prize. Lottery syndicates therefore work through a separate legal agreement setting out in advance how the prize is to be divided among syndicate members with one member making the official claim.
- You have 180 days to claim EuroMillions prizes for tickets bought offline. This deadline is not an issue if you play online, however, as your results will be automatically checked and emailed to you and any prize money will be paid into your account.
- Forging or otherwise altering a lottery ticket is a criminal offence.
Looking for advice on how to win EuroMillions?
The following tips will help you get the most out of the game and help you to win more prizes.
- Use Quickpicks: People tend to play their own lucky numbers. These are generally based on dates, and therefore lower than 31. By using randomly generated numbers, however, you increase your chances of picking unique numbers and therefore not sharing your wins with other players.
- Keep Playing: It sounds obvious, but, with some dramatic exceptions, those who win the lottery are generally the ones who stick with it over the years. As with most things in life, the rewards come with a little luck, and a whole lot of persistence.
- Learn The Odds: It's not all about the jackpot; knowing the likelihood of winning specific prizes will help you play more strategically so learn those EuroMillions odds and statistics!
- Double Your Jackpot here's a handy little tip that can help you double your winnings with a single click. Online providers Lottoland offer an exclusive DoubleJackpot feature where you can opt to play for, and instantly win, double the jackpot amount of any given draw!