The Most Expensive Whiskys In The World
Each lottery winner knows that celebrating your winning is just as important as the win itself. And what a better way of celebrating than opening a bottle of whisky and having a shot or two (or more)?
We've already looked at some of the most expensive wines in the world. Now, in this, the latest in our "most expensive" series, we turn our attention to whisky.
Whisky has been a popular drink ever since people found out how to make it. Its relatively affordable price and high alcoholic volume have made it a favorite drink of many people in Europe and around the world.
Here are some interesting facts about whisky that will definitely make you sound smart (on top of feeling rich) while you celebrate with “the nectar of life”, as some call it:
- Johnny Depp is really into whisky – no, we’re not talking about some regular love between a man and his liquor. We’re talking till-death-do-us-part love. Even beyond… Apparently, Johnny Depp is so attached to his favorite drink that he won’t let go of it even after his death. Rumor has it that his death wish is to have his ashes thrown into a bottle of whisky and consumed by the bereaved… A Depp shot, anyone?
- Speaking about death, the co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous, Bill Wilson, had one last wish on his deathbed. You guessed it right, whisky. Now that’s how deep the connection between a man and his whisky can be.
- Whisky can save your life. Well, not that we’re proposing having a glass on the rocks before the kids have even managed to get out of bed… But it’s true that there are certain occasions in which whisky can have some magical powers over your body (and soul, but I digress). Take Humphrey Bogart, for example. While he was filming in Congo, his entire crew got dysentery, but he had no problems with it whatsoever, as he was smart enough to substitute the dysentery-rich Congo water with bottled… whisky!
- Whisky, also known as “the Wall Street wine”, has many memorable names. Among my personal favorites are moonshine, mountain dew, spiritus frumenti (spirit of grain), and white lightening.
- Angels love it (who would blame them?) – There is a notion, called “angels’ tax” that refers to the about 4% of whisky that evaporates from each barrel every year. Whisky lovers say that the angels steal it just to make sure it’s OK before we drink it…
Now that you know these ridiculously funny facts about whisky, let’s take a look at some of the most expensive bottles you can buy with your freshly won lottery money:
Isabella’s Islay (Price: £3.8 million)
No, you’re not mistaken; this is what you will have to pay for a bottle of Isabella’s Islay whisky. Talking about bottles, this one’s is luxurious as can be. With over 8500 diamonds, about 300 rubies and the equivalent of two bars of white gold, the whisky inside is well protected (and definitely feels special and unique). At least I would feel special and unique if you scatter some diamonds, rubies, and white gold around me…
105 Year Old Master of Malt (Price: £900,000)
It better be the master of malt for that price! Distilled at the Aisla T’Orten distillery, the 105 Year Old Master of Malt is the sleeping beauty for all whisky lovers. Having peacefully aged for 105 years, this whisky princess is just crying for someone to wake her up and
get his hands on her give her a nice long kiss ;) Volunteers, anyone?
64 Year Old Macallan (Price: £300,000)
Compared to the above whiskys, this one can almost be considered affordable… I mean £300,000 is nothing compared to the next EuroMillions jackpot right? Hell, if I win that, I’ll probably buy two bottles!
How much money would you spend on celebrating if you win at the next EuroMillions draw? Just don’t carry yourself away dreaming before you’ve given your luck a chance!
This Friday's jackpot is worth £17 million, more than enough for an epic Whisky Galore!-style celebration to leave your entire neighborhood with a serious, long-sustained hangover!
So to start your weekend on a high note forget queuing up at the local newsagents and play EuroMillions online now!
£ 14 millionPLAY NOW
A lucky Spanish lottery player gets €25.8 Million EuroMillions Jackpot
The 5 wisest things to buy and do with your EuroMillions winnings
The 3 most stupid things to buy and do with your EuroMillions winnings
Fortune Teller Predicts The EuroMillions Results
6 Tips How To Enter The Lottery In The Year Of The Rooster
5 New Lottery Resolutions You Should Make For 2017More articles